- Human Services
- Public Health
"Beaufort County Health Department's mission is to promote, protect, and enhance the quality of life of our population by providing accessible quality public health services and education in order to improve the wellness of the community within a healthy environment."
Here are just a few of the things Beaufort County Public Health staff does to keep you and your family safe and healthy!
- Inspects restaurants, public school cafeterias, public swimming pools, and septic systems.
- Monitors, investigates, and implements control measures to help prevent diseases.
- Provides education to the public to make healthier lifestyle choices.
- Provides a variety of personal health care services to meet the needs of county residents.
- Provides immunizations to protect individuals and the community.
- Provides nutrition services for children and pregnant women.
Stay Connected with Us
Follow us on:
We value your feedback! Please complete our community survey! English and Spanish versions are available.
Programs & Services Provided
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Program
- Care Management for At-Risk Children
- Care Management for High-Risk Pregnancies
- Communicable Disease Services
- Disaster and Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Health
- Employee Health
- Family Planning
- Health Education and Promotion
- Healthy Beginnings
- Healthy Living
- HIV and Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Prenatal Care
- Tuberculosis Control
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)